February 11, 2014

One Leg Crutch

iWalk 2.0: The Innovative One Leg Crutch

For most people suffering lower leg, foot and ankle injuries, the answer is YES! iWalk 2.0 is a great way to improve your qualify of life during your rehabilitation. That said, since every physique and every injury is unique, we recommend that you always consult with your health care professional before using the iWalk 2.0. Men and women were not designed to support their weight under their arms, and crutch alternatives such as knee scooters cause extensive limitations to mobility.

The iWALK 2.0 is the only one leg crutch that allows you to bear your weight on your legs (as your body is intended) while simultaneously providing mobility far better than conventional crutches.

With the iWALK 2.0 as your crutch alternative, you can walk in a more natural way, recruiting the larger, stronger muscles of your legs. You can walk faster, further and with less fatigue than is possible with conventional crutches or other alternatives to crutches (all while carrying things, to boot!) With iWALK 2.0 as your crutch alternative, you don't have to adjust your lifestyle for weeks or months as your injury heals. Instead, you can simply continue your typical routine.

http://shop.affordablemedical.us/products/iwalk2-0-hands-free-crutch-knee-walker-throw-your-old-crutches-away-14The iWALK 2.0 improves upon conventional crutches in many significant ways:
  • Enhanced mobility
  • Greater comfort
  • Ability to manage daily activities
  • Ability to remain independent
  • Improved motor function
  • Improved personal safety
  • Improved ability to exercise
  • Improved emotional well-being
  • Potential for reduction in muscle atrophy, strength and bone density loss
  • Potential for shortened rehabilitation time

Typical injuries include (but are not limited to) any sprain, strain, fracture, Torn Achilles tendon, dislocation or surgery to the lower leg, ankle or foot. Common conditions we experience are sprained ankles, Broken fibula, fractures of the lower leg, foot or ankle, Achilles tendon injuries and surgeries, foot surgeries such as bunion surgery or foot ulcer correction. The most obvious benefit of the iWalk 2.0 leg crutch in comparison to conventional crutches, is that it is hands-free.

iWalk 2.0 is also useful as a gateway device during prosthetic limb transition periods or as a shower / swim prosthetic for users of permanent prosthetic limbs. In short, if you’ve sustained an injury to your lower calf, ankle or foot, and you need to be non-weight bearing, then iWalk 2.0 can be used instead of conventional crutches.








iWalk2.0 - One Leg Crutch User Testimonials:


Geoff is able to do his job as a personal trainer thanks to his iWalk-Free!"I fractured and dislocated my Tibia and Fibula. 

I required surgery, but the iWalk-Free crutch got me back to work early and basically saved me from losing 3 dozen clients. I work as a Personal Fitness Trainer and I am on my feet 5 hours a day. Standard crutches or a knee scooter wouldn't allow me to do my job, but with my iWalk crutch I am able to navigate the work floor, go up and down stairs, pick up dumbbells and other exercise equipment, spot my clients, and more. 

Being able to use my upper leg muscles has lowered my back pain, kept my body in better alignment, and prevented some atrophy of my injured leg's muscle. Definitely recommend this product!"

— Geoff, Utah
----------------------------------------------------------

“Thank you again for a great product, it has facilitated my return to work and functionality.”

—Dr. K. Nagel – Georgia
----------------------------------------------------------

“Crutches are really from hell, you know. Can someone please tell me why, with so many advances in medical science, are crutches still designed as implements of torture? When did having a wrecked ankle mean that I would lose the ability to use my hands?!

I'm sure crutches are part of the arsenal of implements of torture in hell and Satan makes you use them to do things like go up and down stairs, carry hot cups of coffee, or even eat a banana without sitting down. Since I'm not going there, I figured I wouldn't want to experience hell for the months I would be off my foot.

There was no way I would be able to be out and about using crutches and/or a wheelchair.

While researching Achilles tendon injuries and treatments online, I came upon something called an Iwalkfree hands free crutch. I tried it on, did a bit of wobbling and hobbling, then finally got the hang of putting it on and taking it off. That took me about 15 minutes. I was very impressed with the simplicity of the device. Why in the world do hospitals and clinics not even mention that something like this exists? No matter. I have it and you can't take it away from me.

I was able to get out of the car with my wife and kids, walk to the back of the school where all the parents were waiting with their kids, and not feel crippled as I would with crutches.

I was able to get my own coffee, cook my own lunch and carry it all to the chair. I took a little walk in the neighborhood after I dropped off the kids at school. Not very far mind you. I'm still getting used to walking with this wonderful device. Later, I even made some meat sauce . I actually carried a large pot of hot water from the sink to the stove without spilling a drop! There was no way I could do that with crutches!

After dinner with the family, we did some groceries. I insisted that I walk behind a shopping cart instead of using their lovely motorized scooter thing. You know, the one with the little basket in the front. Although my kids and wife wanted me to use it, there was no way I was going to jam myself into that wide-load vinyl seat, grab those tiny handlebars and honk that anemic horn as I put-put through the isles. I'm sure the kids wanted me to use it so they could take a ride too.

Instead, I confidently WALKED through the isles and shopped like everyone else.”

—John Crespi – Toronoto, Ontario
----------------------------------------------------------

“ I ruptured my Achilles tendon on June 7, 2010. My right foot will be non-weight bearing for 3 months. After being on conventional crutches for one week and discovering how limited they were (e.g. heating up a coffee in the microwave and taking it to the kitchen table becomes an exercise in strategic planning), I found the IWALKFREE.. After a minor fall going down stairs on the crutches, I ordered the iWALKFREE. I strapped it on and went to dinner the same day. I did not feel very stable but thought "This is your best chance for mobility for the next 3 months…get used to it!". I am happy to report I DID get used to it and highly recommend it.

I read on productwiki a reviewer who believed it was not designed well for males since the top strap rides high into your crotch. I've had no issues at all.

I'm no ballerina or superstar athlete. I can ride a bike, ski blues and occasional blacks and do a 10K in about an hour, I have decent adaptable balance. You will place additional load on your "good leg" especially going up and down steep terrain, e.g. hiking up a moderately inclined mountain trail that was supposed to take 15 minutes walking took me about 20 – 25 minutes on the iWalk. I don't believe reviewers who've said you need to be "very athletic".

With repeated practice I can take it on/off in 15 to 30 seconds WITHOUT any help. I think this is a decent trade off against the overall mobility it provides.

By my 3rd day with it, I went to Costco by myself for about 3 hours…I purposely avoided parking in a wheel chair spot. I had at least 5 people approach me to ask about it and enough staring/gawking to make me think I was a real hottie.

I can see that its genius is in its simplicity. I am a fan of this device and highly recommend it to everyone I talk to.”

—Norman Chan – Vancouver, BC


No comments:

Post a Comment